Thursday, January 26, 2012
The Diary of Anne Frank
By this time we all know each other so well that if anyone starts to tell a story, the rest can finish it for him. We're having to cut down still further on our meals. What makes it worse, the rats have been at work again. They've carried off some of our precious food. Even Mr. Dussel wishes now that Mouschi was here. Thursday, the twentieth of April, nineteen forty four. Invasion fever is mounting every day. Miep tells us that people outside talk of nothing else. For myself, life has become much more pleasant. I often go into Peter's room after supper. Oh, don't think I'm in love, because I'm not. But it makes life more bearable to have someone with whom you can exchange views. No more tonight. PS...I must be honest. I must confess that I actually live for the next meeting. Is there anything lovelier that to sit under the skylight and feel the sun on your cheeks and have a darling boy in your arms?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment